Thursday, November 11, 2010

A little (and I do mean little) history AND a new recipe!

Howdy!


Today's blogumentary goes out to Aaron ( see told ya I'd mention ya!).

I have been asked on several (many, many) occassions how I came up with my team name and my logo (isn't it adorable! It is... you can admit it... we know its true..)..well... here is the story... mostly...sorta...Oh and I have new recipe too!

A story AND a recipe?? Can you handle the excitement??? If it's too much, let me know...cause I will stop.... I don't want to overexcite anyone....

You're ok? Good.. here goes..

How did I get my team name? Easy, I was at my first chili competition and they asked me for a team name... shoot! I need a team name for chili??? I wish I knew that beforehand sigh....BUT luckily I was wearing the BBQ team shirt so I stole it from that (RioGrande RiverCats)..quick thinking right? right? sheesh just give me this one and say right....

Now, how did I come up with this amazingly adorable logo??? I don't know.... it just came to me one day.....
 
 



If I ever figure out the inspiration, I will let you all know......(and NO thats not the pot I use to cook chili!)
 
Ok New recipe.... this isn't one of my recipes and I have to give credit to the WeightWatcher's boards for it...but its tasty...and if you haven't learned by now....DO NOT subsitute chipotle chili tsp to tsp for chili powder....just a bad idea all around.... unless you aren't planning on eating it and are just serving it to others.... then have the video camera ready and a direct link to youtube >:)
 
 
 
Chili Rubbed Pork Chops
 
 
Ingredients:(what do I need to go out and spend money on?)
 
2 tsp Chili Powder (you had me at chili powder sigh)
1 1/2 tsp packed light brown sugar
1 tsp cumin (cuuuumin oooohmin)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
20 oz lean pork loin boneless center cut chops ( a very looonngg way to say lean boneless pork chops)
a spritz of cooking spray
 
Instructions: (ok I gots some stuff what am I doin?)
 
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder (sniff sniff ahhhhh), brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper (don't drool in it!)
 
2. Butterfly pork chops by laying them flat on a cutting board and slicing in half horizontally, stopping about a 1/2 inch from the edge to keep halves attached to each other. A picture would be awesome here but I don't have one so ummmm good luck.
 
3. Flatten them open on your work surface/cutting board/whatever you're using.
 
4. Rub spice mixture on both sides of each butterflied chop.
 
5. Place chops on a plate. cover and refridgerate between 1 and 24 hours ( i just toss them in a ziplock and "shake" then store them)
 
6. Spray the grill with some cookig spray so they dont stick....although its really funny when they do and someone else is trying to remove them...
 
7. Grill on side one for about 3 or so minutes the flip and grill for abouther 4 or so minutes until internal temp is about 160 ish.
 
Serve with seasoned cous cous and fresh salad... its really quick and easy... unless you don't understand how to butterfly the chops... then you may have an interesting time....google it.... its easy to do .... really... you are just cutting it in half ...mostly....
 
Oh and you can also fry them in a pan but why would you want to???
 
Ok unitl next time.....and nope... I dont know when that will be.... its part of my charm.....this is why you all love me so....
 
Howdy RoooOOOOooooOOOOoooooo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I will be getting some of those long winded pork chops that you speak of & experimenting this weekend ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete