Sunday, November 20, 2011

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood......

Hiddy Ho All!!

Its another beautiful Spring day here in Austin Texas.  Yeah I know. Its the middle of November.... but its 80 degrees, my trees are blooming (the ones that are still alive anyway) and I am covered in mosquito bites so by definition, its Spring.

Yesterday was the 7th annual Thanksgiving Cook-off at Giddy Ups in Manchaca.  Yours truly took 3rd beating out the current Tolbert's Ladies State Champion and the newly crowned champion of the Original Terlingua International competition...can I get a woot woot! Jon didn't place in chili (his was pretty good but hooooooot!!) but did get 7th in beans and 1st in Ribs.  See he isn't just a pretty face ;)

I want to give a quick shout of congratulations to Central Texas Tolbert Chili Group's own George Odom for winning original Terlingua International this year, to CTTCG's own Chrsitina Knight for her strong 8th place finish and of course, Don and the gang at Red Horse Posse for their 1st place Showmanship.  I also want to send conrats out to Larry Walton for winning CASI TICC this year!

Congrats to all the Terlingua winners both CASI and Tolbert!!

Jon and I compete again in Manchaca on 12/10.  Come on out and play! I might even join Jon in BBQ and cook ribs and brisket too!

Today's recipe comes from the great folks at SlenderKitchen.com. If you have never been to the website, you really need to. Their recipes are truly great!

Here is the link for Crock Pot Wild Caribbean Black Bean Chili ..... while your are there drooling over this chili, check out the other recipes.... I mean it... they are awesome!

My oldest an I are working out a new and ummmmm unique..... truly truly unique.....chili recipe....Hopefully, I will have the kinks worked out soon and can post it!

Until we meet again-

Viva Terlingua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment