Thursday, May 6, 2010

A CASI Style Recipe!

Howdy :)

I really meant to get this out last night but sleep won so pardon the slight delay!

I am trying to decide if I want to compete in ribs at the Manchaca competition these weekend-opinions? Its been two years since I have done BBQ and I am a little bit rusty…;)

Maybe I will do chili too….decisions decisions decisions…
anyway…..


Also, new contest coming at the end of the month! I will have all the details soon! Congrats to Michelle for winning the last contest and lovely Rivercat Chili Tee!

This week’s recipe is a “CASI Style” recipe. It is a little heavier than my traditional chili and it is mostly red. I hope you enjoy it!

If you have a recipe, you would like to see here- shoot me an email from the link under my profile and I will get it on here.

Lightly brown (not cooked all the way through) 2-1/2 pounds of cubed beef chuck tender in 2 TBSP Olive Oil

Add :
1 Can - Beef Broth
1/2 Can - Chicken Broth
1 - 8 oz Can - Tomato Sauce
Float 2 Serrano Peppers

Bring to a boil and add the following:

2 TSP Granulated Onion
1/2 TSP Cayenne
2 TSP Beef Granules
1/4 TSP Salt
2 TSP Chicken Granules
1 TBSP Light Chili Powder
2 TBSP Red Chili Powder
Cover and cook 1 hour - squeeze peppers and discard pulp

I highly recommend using tongs to handle the peppers!

Add the following:

2 TSP Ground Cumin
2 TSP Granulated Garlic
1/4 TSP Hot Sauce
2 TBSP Chili Powder
1 TBSP Light Chili Powder

Adjust liquid with remainder of chicken broth, if necessary

Cover and cook 30 minutes

Then add:

1 TBSP Chili Powder
1 TSP Ground Cumin
1/4 TSP Granulated Garlic
1/4 TSP Cayenne
1/4 TSP Brown Sugar
Reduce heat to a slow boil
Cook 10 minutes

Adjust Salt, Cayenne, and Chili Powder to taste

2 comments:

  1. Light chili powder? What's that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the t-shirt!! Thank you!

    recipe sounds yummy... I never knew that there was so many different kinds of chili!

    ReplyDelete