Saturday, May 22, 2010

Scrap Chili recipe -Finally!

Sorry for the delay but at long last... the much anticipated...much hyped....SCRAP CHILI (yayayayayyayayay)!

Too dramatic? :)

What is scrap chili? Basically its chili made from whatever you have leftover in the fridge...its quick...its easy... and usually its yummy.

Anyway-here it is... especially for my buddy Brandon...the king of strange leftover meats..

Scrap Chili


What ya need:

2 cups either chicken or beef broth
2 cups tomato sauce
2 TBS chili powder (whichever one you like)
2 tsp cumin
1 small onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1.5 cups of black beans-rinsed
2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 lbs or so of whatever isnt moldy in the fridge ( Even alligator Brandon)

Ok I have me this stuff... what do I do with it??

Heat the oil in a skillet (pan ..its a pan.. really).

Stir in the onion, garlic, cubed mystery meats and 2 tsp of the chili powder...if you're really adventurous, you can add a smidge of black pepper.

Cook, stirring constantly, until the onion and meat are tender.

Dump the whole thing into a pot along with the remaining ingredients.

Cook about 2 hours on low heat or less on a higher heat adding any additional spices you might have laying around.

OR

Toss the whole thing in the crock pot with some cubed eggplant and a little more liquid...just a suggestion...

Then eat and enjoy....it freezes really well for weekday lunches too!


Oh and dont forget- This months chili contest! (scroll down for details).. I have judges lining up drooling on my shoes... which is really gross since I wear sandals....

Howwdyyyyy RoooooooOOooOOooOoo!

1 comment:

  1. And since this question came up today... yes, if you see me in the hallway at work or at the grocery store or wherever, you can hand me your recipe and it still counts... as long as I have it by 11:59pm May 31 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete